The grass isn’t greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it!
In this new solo episode of the Happy Hustle Podcast. I share the 5 relationship tips that I’ve learned from 5 years of being together with my beautiful fiancée Stephanie.
We still have plenty of work to do on our journey but these tips have helped us tremendously and I hope these will help you also in some way.
1. Recognize relationships require energy & attention. When you choose a partner you are choosing to give them your energy & attention. Whether you are running a successful business or raising healthy children, your relationship’s satisfaction often dictates your ultimate happiness. So prioritize your energy & attention accordingly.
2. Quit Nitpicking. We’ve done it however it rarely serves either of us nor the relationship. Who cares if they didn’t do their dirty dishes or left their laundry out. Let the little shit go. Almost never worth arguing over it.
3. Do the little things for one another. Whether it’s putting toothpaste on their toothbrush or making them a morning coffee, do the little kind acts of service to show love.
4. Over Communicate. And when doing so, don’t start the sentence with “Why” which instantly puts your partner on the defense. Rather start with, “The story that I’m telling myself is.” Then share how you feel and what you are thinking honestly & respectfully.
5. If you want a 10, be a 10. Focus on being the best version of yourself. Do the inner work. Even when they are not being the best version of themselves, you can rise and lead the way.
And if you stick around to the end of this episode, I share a Happy Hustle Hack called the Perfect Partner page which can help you manifest your perfect partner in your life whether you’re single or in a relationship. You got to check it out!
Peace and love ya’ll!